Become a VOLUNTEER
Riverview Gardens School District
Volunteer Responsibilities and Guidelines
- Complete the necessary paperwork required to become a volunteer.
- Attend an orientation training session before doing volunteer work.
- Be prompt and regular in attendance. Notify the school in advance if unable to work at the assigned task.
- Sign volunteer time log when you arrive and when you leave. This enables us to record the time contributed by volunteers.
- Become familiar with and support the school’s policies and regulations.
- It is suggested that you do not work in the classroom where your child is enrolled.
- Maintain close contact and communication with the teacher to inform the teacher of progress made or problems encountered concerning assigned tasks.
- Ask for additional directions from teachers when clarification of assignments is needed.
- Render service according to the process established in the training session
GUIDELINES IN PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Check in at the main office upon arrival. The building principal needs to know who is on the premises.
- Be prompt and regular in attendance.
- Find out proper procedures and policies regarding emergencies.
- As a volunteer you will be contributing to the image of the school. It will be part of your responsibility to help maintain a positive image and promote the best interest of the school.
- You should dress appropriately to reflect your professional commitment to the students.
- If personal matters or family problems are discussed with you by students, they should be kept confidential. If such a disclosure causes great concern, it should be discussed only with the building principal.
- It is suggested that parents should not be assigned or volunteer to work in the same room with their own child.